WHY ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL IS BETTER?
A student’s caliber cannot be judged on the basis of the duration of time he spends in the classroom. A more fair option is to shift the focus on how much they can grasp, retain and implement. Online schools work on the latter ideology. Majority of the education officers, even those on the higher levels of the State, are showing green flag to the colleges to offer online courses. With competition getting more and more intense in the job sector, the prospective employees are resorting to genuine online high school courses with the intent of adding weight to their resume. Students are also getting more and more aware of the academic situations, at an initial stage, and so are their parents. No wonder online schools are heading towards world domination with the changing demands of the society. However, though most students fancy this concept of self-paced online learning, some parents are still not able to come to terms with the situation of diminishing popularity of the conventional schools.
Some of the grave concerns of parents are:
- The child’s lack of interaction with live teachers and peer groups can give way to the child’s social impairment.
- A laptop or computer screen never be a feasible alternative for a live teacher?
- An online school diploma might not be as worthy as a formal school diploma?
- The grading system might not be as genuine and intense in online schools as that in conventional schools?
Here are the genuine answers to the above queries:
- The online schools provide students with not only world-class education but also several opportunities to interact with their teachers as well as fellow mates of the vast online community. Several programs are launched such as Live sessions, discussion forums, group assignments and debates that facilitates students to interact with people of same interests and goals. In communal classrooms, you get a large variety of classmates and most of them might not have similar minds like you. At least, in online community, you can sort out genuine people as per your own choice and further strengthen your friendship with them.
- In the new era of internet of things, students nearly worship their laptop screens. They feed on innovative graphics. Screens keep them more engrossed for a longer period of time than monotonous classrooms.
- Diploma earned from a legitimate and regionally accredited online high school is as valuable as that granted by a conventional school. In fact, nowadays, an online course diploma in your resume counts the most and makes you credible enough to be a likely candidate for the job post. Moreover, you can earn your online diploma in a much lesser time with your efforts and save time for other curriculums. This option is not applicable in conventional schools.
- The grading system might be even more strict in case of online schools. Teachers and instructors are available 24/7 and track your assessment or quiz performances and deliberate accordingly. Moreover, the approach is more personalized, as contrary to the conventional system, where attention is never paid to students on individual basis.
However, you can cannot make a rash decision in case of getting enrolled in an online school. You need to make sure that the online school is regionally accredited. The accreditation should be granted by top leading accreditors of U.S. You can get info about the accrediting agencies from the internet itself and can then crosscheck with those mentioned in the website of the online school of your interest. You must also consult with the Education Counselor or Adviser of the respective college to get a crystal clear overview.
Here are the top reasons for you to opt for a genuine online school today:
- Engaging method: Study materials in the forms of videos, slideshows and lecture notes, attract the attention of the students so much so that they even get curious to know more and grasp more. These methods shall keep you from dozing off in the middle of the coursework and keep you more attentive throughout, as opposed to the boring and monotonous classroom lectures.
- Interactive learning environment: Teachers at online schools are way more approachable due to the ease of communication tools such as emails, telephone and live interactions, which contributes to a sober and co-operative learning environment.
- Customization: Each student has a different grasping power and learning style. In a formal school, there is one rigid schedule as per which every student has to function. Few students may find it too challenging to grasp the course work with the set-up pace of the teacher. An online high school provides a combative approach to such a challenging scenario, thanks to its feature of customization.
- Counterbalancing work with studies: A student can get enrolled to a virtual online high school on a part-time basis too if it suits him or her. They can attain a decent high school diploma along with earning daily wages which might be required to support the family. It also applies for students who have a passion in a particular field such as arts or sports, and need to hone their skills for that particular form of art. This creates a much-needed balance in the student’s life.
- Perpetual focus : Cutting out unwanted distractions such as lame gossips among peers or drastic episodes of bullying, you can have a more nurturing learning environment that can bring the best out of you.
- Accessibility: Online course materials and all the other resources and tools are available 24/7 every day that results in a flexible and self-paced method of learning.
- Freedom: The students can still study diligently without skipping out on a healthy social life and family fun. It may even be possible for you to graduate earlier than you’d be able to at a traditional high school. Instead of adhering to the pre-established learning schedule imposed by a traditional school, the student can create a calendar depending on his self-discipline and abilities that identifies his and his family’s interests.
- Smooth enrollment procedure: The student can enroll at any point of time of the year, whenever he feels is right. It eliminates the aggravating rush and panic during the strenuous enrollment process in conventional schools.
Online schools can shower the best career opportunities on you, however, the only catch is that you need to take the ownership of your destiny. You need to be self-disciplined and motivated throughout the course and success will be yours.