Online Elementary School Courses (Grades 3 – 5)
At The Ogburn Online School, we offer you an online, self-paced elementary school program that provides you with everything you need to secure a high-quality education right at home. Our specialized private school curriculum enables your child to receive a fully accredited education from the safety and comfort of your own home. Additionally, our individualized online elementary school curriculum ensures that we determine which course material would be most appropriate for your child’s current academic level, future goals, and most importantly for their preparation in advancing to the next academic level.
The curriculum for Grade 3 focuses on building students’ Math skills in place value, rounding and ordering, comprehension and vocabulary improvement, spelling and grammar skills, early American history, map and map legends, as well as science topics such as mammals, birds, weather, heat, light and sound.
In Grade 4, students are provided with a solid foundation in multiplication, division, data and analysis, reading fiction and non-fiction selections focused on comprehension and vocabulary, learning new grammar and writing skills, an introduction to the United States government, and science topics such as fossils, animals, nutrition, solar systems, weather and more.
During Grade 5, students will focus on learning new key Math skills and reinforce previously learned skills, reading assignments that will develop writing and vocabulary skills, enhancing spelling, reading and grammar skills, broadening interests in self-awareness, family and school, learning how to provide textual evidence to support analysis, and recognize figurative, conative and technical meanings.
Advantages of Online Elementary School Courses
Some of the significant advantages Online Elementary Schools offer your child include –
- Students are given the freedom to complete their coursework at their own individual pace, which relieves the pressure of having to cope with the rest of the class. Also, it helps students learn their subject matter more thoroughly and engages them in a more holistic manner.
- With the help of advanced technology, online platforms start preparing your child for the future right from the beginning. They are taught to be independent from a very young age by encouraging them to adapt to a tech-centered world.
- Online avenues provide students with more academic options. Since online schools are not bound by geographical constraints, students have access to a wide range of teaching faculty and course material.
- They provide your child with the opportunity to explore and develop other talents such as music and sports. The flexibility offered by such platforms allows students to pursue other extracurricular avenues without compromising on their academic grades.
- They provide parents with an alternative solution to adverse situations at school such as bullying and boredom. Studying online provides students with a more interactive and engaging process that has shown to improve students’ learning abilities and their grades remarkably.
- Both parents and their children have an opportunity to spend quality time as a family. With life getting more and more hectic and students being burdened with tons of homework, spending quality time as a family seems to be getting further out of reach. However, with online homeschooling, families can now spend more time together without compromising on a child’s education.
Importance of Accreditation for Elementary School Education
Accreditation is an integral part of ascertaining whether a school or college meets the required federal and state standards of education. There are several aspects that need to be considered when evaluating a particular school for your child. Accreditation plays an important role in helping you make that decision. Being accredited by a regional, state or national board provides parents with a measure of legitimacy and a benchmark for quality that they can rely on. It also ensures acceptability of the diplomas and degrees awarded by such schools when applying for higher education and employment.
Ogburn Online Elementary School is accredited by –
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI)
- Cognia (formerly AdvancED) – The Unified organization of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI)
- Accreditation International (Ai)
- The Middle School Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA CESS)
- The Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF)
- The National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
- The Ogburn Online School is also NCAA approved (National Collegiate Athletic Association)
In addition to ensuring that federal and state quality standards for education are met, organizations like Cognia (formerly AdvancED) insist on a relentless pursuit of excellence. This enables schools to consistently improve their standards of education, thereby offering the best possible education to their students.
*The Ogburn Online School is a regionally, nationally and internationally accredited private online school in the United States dedicated to ensuring the future success of every student.