The online high school is the most enterprising form of virtual education that introduces a plethora of smart and cost-effective internet resources and tools to deliver conventional school-equivalent education such that you can complete the course at a place, time and for duration of time of your choice. Most online schools are answerable at the state level and might cling on to state testing and assessment schedules, requiring career-driven students to ace those tests in the same way as students at traditional high schools do. Though formal class work might apparently induce excellent group study, it may not always be as befitting to your student’s needs deep down.
Classroom learning’s follow a pre-established schedule that may be far from the pace the student is comfortable in, and as a result, the student might continue showing mediocre results when he is capable of more. Thus, class assessments can never be a true reflection of the student’s true potential and fails to strive to bring out the best in most students. Online courses are a perfect match for such students that need to be able to complete work on a self-designed schedule at self-pace. On the contrary, online schools can also be a boon for academically advanced group of students. They can aim for completing the course at a faster pace to attain an early graduation and save time. This individualistic approach of online schools is the most commendable part, especially for students suffering from disorders or for those staying in desolate areas. Peer groups play a more significant role in a student’s performance than we actually think. Distractive topics such as external appearances, showing off affluence, extravagant hangouts or parties and other superficial yet distractive elements might wrongfully mould young naïve minds.
Perpetual bullying is the most disgusting part that reinforces social phobias in a child. Thus, you can maintain a safe distance from such disturbing social elements by adopting online schooling. In case of online classes, students have the option of socializing with fellow classmates of the online community via interactive forums, group discussions or live interactions but they can chose their friends and also keep their studies as number one priority. It solely depends on the student on how he manages the online tools and resources. However, with such an immense flexibility, comes a great deal of responsibility also. The students become more self-sufficient, responsible and disciplined by the end of the online course. Also, in online classes, students stand a better chance of approaching their teachers online at any convenient time according to them, since the faculty is available 24/7. Though it is a matter of personal objectives and preferences, online schools are more likely to appease you as compared to a formal school.
Parents often dread whether the diploma from an online school would be as valuable as that granted by a brick-and-mortar school or not. As a matter of fact, a bit of homework needs to be done by the student and his parents at the time of selecting an online high school. Thorough research has to be done to select the best of all. A good online school incorporates the salient features of accreditation, credit transferability and legitimacy. Accreditation status of a school reflects its quality of education as per the national and regional standards that contribute to the overall development of the child. Accreditation can be national or regional, regional accreditation being more robust. A regionally accredited online school is characterized by its challenging assessments to sharpen up the students’ skill set. National accredited schools do not offer well-regulated curriculums and it is a much effortless process to earn a diploma in this case, as opposed to that in case of regionally accredited schools. Thus it is a much safer option to go for a fully regionally accredited online school as the diploma from these schools is guaranteed to be acknowledged and accepted by all the reputed colleges and universities.
Steps to Choose an Online High School
A thorough research is the key measure to safeguard yourself from villainous diploma mills. Seek out only for regionally accredited online schools only.
- Check and research more on the accreditation status: Check the original website of the school and look into the information given on its level of accreditation. Compare the names of the accrediting agencies to the list of genuine accreditors of U.S. Also, you can directly question the authenticity of the accreditation to the academic advisor.
- Analyse the learning method: Gather a clear picture of the core learning method operated in a particular online school so that you can decide whether the style is complementary to yours or not. Do not blindly run after top ranking schools but see for yourself whether the school faculty invests time on you to hone your skillset and personality. You can browse through respective testimonials from the respective students of an online school. You can also log in to their respective online demo application to get a firsthand experience as to what it’s like to study at that particular high school further making your decision simpler.
- Consult with the academic advisors: Talk to the respective Academic Advisors or Enrollment Officers regarding any matter related to the high school that is bothering you in the least. You should address all your queries to get a clear overview.
- Learn about the various payment options for tuition programs: You should be well-aware of the tuition payment program and the discounts available at your online school, so that you can plan your finances accordingly.
Benefits of Choosing The Ogburn Online School
Genuine online schools are the best possible fit for students craving for flexibility and self-pace along with a high quality education.
A perfect example of an ideal private online high school is the highly regarded The Ogburn online School. The core benefits offered by the school are:
- Full-time accessibility: Students have a convenient24/7 access to the instructors and the entire range of online tools and resources.
- NCAAA accredited: The Ogburn Online School is privileged to be one of the few handful online schools to be fully accredited by NCAAA (National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment). With authentic curriculums, they provide the chance of earning sports scholarships to graduates.
- Credit transferability: The school reviews and accordingly transfers in previously earned credits so that students are not harassed to repeat the programs that they have already completed. Current credits can also be easily transferred into another program.
- Specialized faculty: The teachers have specialized knowledge in their respective fields andefficiently evaluate students’ performance and give proper feedback to students so that they can improve more and more.The students can rely on their teachers to guide them through difficult times and make them identify their true potential.
- Multiple grade level classes: The introduction of multiple grade level classes strengthens the fact that the students have the best means and tools at their disposal and drives towards success. The curriculums can be customized as per the child’s needs. They take special care of mentally of physically affected children and have specialized curriculums for them.
- Valuable diplomas: A diploma from the Ogburn Online School is recognized and well-accepted by the top-ranking universities and colleges. Military careers are highly prosperous fields to which many of their graduates have transfer successfully.
- Affordable Tuition Options: Discounts in tuition rates are incorporated in the various payment plans that are offered to students. Devoid of interests, these economical payment plans set their goal to make sure that for any student, with a vehement desire for world class education, high costs should not be a hindrance. At the time of enrolling, the admission specialist essentially provides the entire range of options to students, making it possible for them to select the course or courses that suit them the most.
- Genuine accreditors
The school is accredited by top accreditors such as :
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI)
- AdvancED – The Unified organization of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI)
- Accreditation International (Ai)
- The Middle School Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA CESS)
- The Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF)
- The National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
- The Ogburn Online School is also NCAA approved (National Collegiate Athletic Association)
- Freedom of enrolling at any time of the year
Both full and part-time courses can be started at any point of the year, as opposed to that of formal schooling system. You can consider always getting enrolled in online high schools.