HOW ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL WORKS?
As more and more students are making their way towards online high schools, the market of online education is heading towards world domination. However, most people have a sort of inexplicable anxiety when it comes to taking an online course, which is due to the fact that online high schools incorporate a learning system that is entirely different from that of a conventional school, but the goal is the same, that is to grant success to more and more students by imparting world-class education. From childhood, you have been conditioned to follow the learning pattern imbibed in a traditional school, so there is a fear of the unknown when you get into an online course for the very first time, where the teaching pattern is way different.
Here are some major points to give you a glimpse as to how an online high school works:
Filling up the application form and going through the process of enrollment marks the first step. The beauty of Online high schools is that the criteria required to get admitted is not that severe. Moreover, there are quite a lot of spots available to accommodate you. Students with prior experience of studying in public schools might find the enrollment process new, though it is a standard procedure in general private schools. The application process is more to gather your information and make sure your records are in order. Till here, the process of admission is equivalent to that of a traditional school. After your application is approved and the procedure of enrollment is almost complete, the next step is to make your choices heard.
- Selection of Classes of your choice
You actually feel an immense sense of freedom while selecting your courses. You can choose as many courses as you want. In conventional schools, courses are limited and so are your choices. This is mainly because of the budget constraints and also whether teachers or resources are actually available to teach or guide the students in the new courses. But here, you are offered with a whole new range of courses, much to your delight. Abundant teachers are available across the entire nation. Courses contain asynchronous reading, activities, assessments, and videos, as well as synchronous “live” sessions conducted by the teacher at predefined times. Many of these sessions are recorded so that students can “attend” if they miss a session, or review all or part again, if needed.
- Chalking out a smart plan
The classes selected by you are marked. These classes are inclusive of a full package of videos, text, pictures and slideshows to appeal to your senses. It exudes feel of a real classroom. You need to take these classes at any specific time, but as per your schedule. You have to come up with a systematic plan as per the kind of schedule you would prefer. As for instance, would you like to take math classes in the morning, evening or late night. It is your choice as by now you know your strong and weak points. So you are the best person for yourself to take the ownership of the entire schedule.
Most tests, assignments or quizzes are done and to be submitted online. A teacher or instructor is always there in the virtual classroom, especially during the time of the tests to make sure that all the students are abiding by the rules and regulations of the assessment.Most of the robust online management systems have introduced online courses and these systems present an impressive set of limitless online tools and useful resources. More and more Students resort to online high schools. There are some reasons as to why:
- Covering up missed credits: With online schooling, you can make up for your missed credits by resuming your course wherever you left. You need to talk to your Educational Advisor and explain the whole matter to him. He can then recommend you with a specific course that will help you to join in learning the subject at the point where you left.
- Speedy graduation: There are specialized rigorous, yet exciting curriculums meant for an accelerated graduation that are offered by online high schools. Taking online courses, students have earned high school diplomas within 2 to 3 years, as compared to the standard time duration of 4 years.However your purpose for achieving an early graduation should be strong enough to get you self-motivated, since once you enter the course, there is no looking back.
- Appeal to all
Students living in drastically unfavorable places, resort to online courses. Also, students with severe medical conditions, such as skin cancer, can work out their medical treatment schedules only with online classes.
Students can choose whether to move fast to the next chapter, if they have already mastered the current one in a short span of time, or to invest more time on the current topic which they are not strong at. Thus, students can regulate the speed of their learning, as per their grasping ability.
- Array of vast opportunities
Online courses offer a vast range of courses, inclusive of certain exclusive ones, which are not normally offered in traditional schools due to budget constraints. Thus, it expand the horizon of opportunities for students and they can choose to develop interest in more than just one field. Students can take as many courses they want in online high school. This opens multiple doors to exclusive forms of careers and result into a bright exciting future.
- Counterbalancing work with school: A vast range of student objectives can be fulfilled only by a flexible and self-paced learning system that is the online high school. They can work it out by working on their courses in those hours when they are not working for their passion, or a doing a proper job, such as pre-dawn hours or late nights.
- Successfully eliminates negative vibes exuded by peer pressure:
It gets very difficult for the victimized children to resume their coursework in such nightmarish environment of the classroom. He might feel suffocated from inside and can never concentrate on his studies to the fullest. Moreover, they form a wrong self-image of themselves, and lose self-esteem that hinders them from growing both academically or personally. They can find more decent friends in the online community who share the same goals and aspirations like him.