HOW DOES ONLINE HOMESCHOOLING WORK?
Most families favor online homeschooling as it reduces their burden of full-time indulgence, along with trimming the budget and time-investment. To sharpen the skillset of the tech-savvy child, a homeschool program is the final resort. Most of the online homeschool programs comprise easily accessible videos that students can check on again and again till they learn the content. Instant grading of the tests and quizzes give a crystal clear idea to the online teachers as well as the parents of the progression rate of their child. Good online homeschool programs have additional guides to assist you in taking and recording notes. These records can eventually help in solving issues that the child might come across.Fully-accredited online homeschools are the best homeschools to ensure that the student’s efforts shall get counted and will not go into the drains!
Online homeschool programs consist of:
- Fruitful interactions with teachers and classmates online, by phone or by e-mails
- Online course materials, interactive platforms to present one’s views, and engaging virtual classroom sessions.
- Independent activities such as collaborative project works or games and many more
- Useful feedback from online instructors on the individual student performance graphs and tips on how can they be on the right track
- Well-organized set of innovative activities for students that require parental support
Students are assigned to complete a part of their course work every day and attend online classroom sessions as chalked out by their instructors.
The top-rated The Ogburn Online School presents an extensive set of study materials, assessments and convenient tools to hone your child’s skills and condition them to handle future work or college related challenges without showing any dissent. The prestigious online school comes up with plentiful solutions for aspiring online homeschoolers. Features of The Ogburn Online School that makes it the smartest option for online homeschooling:
- Freedom and Flexibility
Make your career fly by embracing the conveniently flexible online homeschool course of Ogburnschool. The school provides you the golden array of twenty robust electives that are related to technology, healthcare, business and more. You can make the best use of your freedom of choice to facilitate yourself in the attainment of a flourishing career.
- Fully Accredited
This Ogburn online school is regionally, nationally and internationally accredited. It is fully accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), The Unified organization of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), AdvancED, Accreditation International (Ai), Middle School Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA CESS), National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA) and The Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF). It is also one of the very few privileged online schools to be fully approved by NCAA (The National Collegiate Athletic Association).
Your budget constraints can be fulfilled by a variety of programs offered by the school. All of the programs are highly affordable and cost-effective.
- Ease of use
You or your child is free to create your own schedule, fix a characteristic learning pattern and even set a deadline on your own. With a grand set of homeschooling tools and resources, the school provides an online environment apt for your child to indulge in a wholesome learning system. Online instructors are just a click away to guide you through the entire plan, in case you need some expert advice.
- 24/7 Support
You have the full-time support of the helpdesk team to guide you with the functioning of different online tools.
Online homeschools are the well-organized and cost-effective alternate forms of education. Based on your child’s primal needs, weaknesses and strengths, a suitable curriculum can be constructed to lead the child towards success.
Facts about online homeschooling
- Strengthening bonds within similar-minded and independent community of homeschoolers is one of the top objectives of an online homeschool, along with the academic advancement of personality development of the child. Thus, it looks into the cumulative growth of the child. Online homeschooling offer discussion forums and chatting tools to facilitate the students to interact voice out and share their thoughts amongst all the students of the online homeschool community. This acts as an eye-opener for many. It is difficult to make genuine friendships with peers in a formal classroom, due to shorter recess breaks and perturbing academic and peer pressures.
- Parents form a pivotal part in the performance of homeschoolers. Pro-active parents contribute the most to an effective homeschool environment by caring for, supporting, motivating, guiding and even assessing the child on a regular or weekly basis. One can gain the sweetest fruits of a robust homeschooling program, only when parents or students carry out an extensive research, proper scheduling of tasks and voluntary participations in massive homeschooling communities. Parents, in the least, need to maintain the attendance record of their children. Also, they sometimes need to have an alert and smart mind to combat the road blocks that might arise in a particular plan, is a must.
- Several research studies have shown that online homeschoolers attain graduation at a higher rate than their traditional school-going contemporaries. Homeschoolers stand a better chance at coping up with stressful and rigorous workforce environments or changes at the various academic transitions from colleges to universities to attain higher degrees. Online homeschool programs gear the students up mentally at an earlier age to combat the day to day multitasking-related activities in the professional life.
- While some courses might require the complete voluntary participation of parents to prepare the schedule and monitor the child, other kinds of homeschool programs require minute parental intervention by providing expert online instructors.
Most ideal online homeschool curriculum is challenging enough to mentally stimulate the child. It is a matter of choice of parents as to how much they prefer to get involved in the program themselves for the proper functioning of their child in such challenging online courses.