FAQ ABOUT ONLINE HOMESCHOOLING
How is online homeschool different from online high school?The latest virtual solution in terms of online schooling is online homeschooling where the students can choose their place, time, duration, pace and schedule for learning. The difference between online high schools and online homeschools is that the latter permits the student to set up their own deadlines for assessments or assignments. Some form of parental guidance is required in online homeschooling, much unlike online high schooling. Online homeschooling might be a snug fit for today’s tech-enthusiasts, empowering the students by handing them over with the full ownership of their own courses.
What are the major benefits of online homeschooling?
- Undivided focus The child is able to direct his undivided focus on studies, in case of homeschooling courses. Trimming the time for transportation or standing in assembly lines and many other supplementary activities of a formal school, online homeschooling programs solely encourage the students to focus only and only on their coursework. It also eliminates other distractive or disturbing social elements such as bullying or any kind of abuse.
- Flexibility It is a boon for the time-centric and career-driven students to be able to conveniently create their own pace and schedule. As per the child’s power of grasping, the pace of the curriculum can be regulated.
- Personalized curriculums Highly customizable curriculums emancipates the student to set his deadlines for assignment submission.
- Wide array of courses Exclusive courses are offered in a wide range that are not offered in formal schools.
- Nurturing of family values It cultivates family values by permitting you to spend your spare time with your family.
- Supplementary activities for Socialization It promotes socialization by embracing varied virtual activities such as live interactions, discussion boards and others including real time events such as field trips.
- Creative mindset It invokes a great sense of creativity and independence, offering specialized courses on arts, literature and communication.
Does accreditation status matter for an online homeschool?Any school’s legitimacy and credibility is ascertained by its accreditation status. Same applies for an online homeschool. The online school is evaluated on regularly by an external reputed agency on the basis of whether the school is adhering to the basic set of academic standards. It ensures that the online homeschool provides high quality education to the students via challenging assessments and frequent assignments. Diplomas or degrees granted by an accredited online homeschool are universally accepted by elite groups of colleges and universities. It is also highly acknowledged by employers as well as in the military. Non-accredited diplomas hold an absolute zero value factor and is as bad as no diploma at all. Also, it is better to go for a regionally accredited online homeschool than a nationally accredited one.
What are the equipment and tools required for starting an online homeschool course?A decent computer and a high-speed internet connection is all you need as a set-up to start with online homeschooling. However, here is a list of requisites in more details:
- An high speed internet connection
- A personal computer, tablet or laptop.
- Any operating system (Windows or any other) using a common, but updated browser
- An updated media player
- Pop-up blocker either disabled or with a configured setting to allow pop-ups.
- Any standard word processor
- A Java version, preferably the new updated one
- Properly functional speakers or headphones