Online Middle School Courses (Grades 6 – 8)
At The Ogburn Online School, we offer you an online, self-paced middle school program that provides you with everything you need to secure a high-quality education right at home. Our specialized private school curriculum enables your child to receive a fully accredited education from the safety and comfort of your own home. Additionally, our individualized online middle school curriculum ensures that we determine which course material would be most appropriate for your child’s current academic level, future goals, and most importantly for their preparation in advancing to the next academic level.
The curriculum for Grade 6 focuses on teaching students how to set up and evaluate mathematical problems and applications, improve reading comprehension and vocabulary, implement new grammar concepts and improve writing skills, use mapping and directions, recognize climate zones, and introductory Physical, Life and Earth Science concepts.
During Grade 7, students are taught to prepare for Algebra and Geometry, comprehend and analyze text for improved communications, improve grammar and writing, the foundation and operation of American Government, planets and galaxies, weather and climate, and motion and energy.
The curriculum for Grade 8 will help students build the foundation for advanced mathematical skills, expand grammar and writing skills, become familiar with key literary elements, explore American History, develop elementary concepts about the Earth and its materials, process and history and the basics in genetic and biological changes through time.
Advantages of Online Middle School Courses
Major benefits of enrolling your child with an online middle school include –
- Being able to study at a self-defined pace. Since this is a fundamental phase of development, online schools allow students to vary their pace of learning according to their own abilities. This takes the pressure off and allows them to explore their subject matter more thoroughly.
- Technology is the future and there is absolutely no denying it. As every facet of our daily lives becomes more and more intertwined with technology, online platforms help students prepare for a constantly changing world.
- Students have access to a much wider range of options in terms of courses and teachers. Moreover, students can now opt for courses that were once not an option on account of unavailability of the necessary teaching faculty, especially those from rural districts.
- Students who wish to explore other avenues such as sports and music find learning online to be a very feasible option. Since these avenues allow students to schedule their study time according to their own convenience, paying attention to both extracurricular activities and academics is now much easier.
- As the pace of life increases with each passing day, spending quality time with family is becoming increasingly difficult. With online homeschooling, that is now possible since parents can work together with teachers to ensure students stay on track with their progress while also spending quality time with their families.
Importance of Accreditation for Middle School Education
Accreditation forms an integral part of determining whether a school or college meets the required standards of education. There are several different aspects you need to keep in mind when evaluating a particular school for your child. Accreditation plays an important role in helping you make that decision. Accreditation by a regional, state or national board provides parents with a measure of legitimacy and a benchmark for quality that they can rely on. It also ensures acceptability of the diplomas and degrees awarded by such schools when applying for higher education and employment.
Ogburn Online Middle School is accredited by –
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI)
- Cognia (formerly AdvancED) – The Unified organization of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI)
- Accreditation International (Ai)
- The Middle School Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA CESS)
- The Association of Independent Schools of Florida (AISF)
- The National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
- The Ogburn Online School is also NCAA approved (National Collegiate Athletic Association)
In addition to ensuring that federal and state quality standards for education are met, organizations like Cognia (formerly AdvancED) insist on a relentless pursuit of excellence. This enables schools to consistently improve their standards of education, thereby offering the best possible education to their students.
The Ogburn Online School is a regionally, nationally and internationally accredited private online school in the United States dedicated to ensuring the future success of every student.